This is the Hoffman 5F6A Bassman board kit. This board is a good replacement for the "reissue" amps, or to "roll your own" if you can build the chassis, cabinet, etc.
The board comes "stuffed" with all components soldered in place via the standard "Hoffman" turret lugs. The board has a bias pot installed for bias adjustment, and comes in two versions from TheAirtightGarage, standard and upgraded. The standard version comes with all of the "stock" parts: carbon composition signal resistors, precision flameproof resistors in the power section, signal caps chosen for tone (Sprague, Poly, Mallory). Sprague or other high quality electrolytics are used in the cathode bypass.
The upgraded version consists of the same components as the standard version but the signal capacitors are replaced with high quality film in foil types.
Both versions include the following:
- Potentiometer harness with Alpha pots
- cloth covered colored wire
- shielded input cable
- standoffs and mounting screws
- switchcraft inputs jacks and input jack resistors
- ring terminals for ground connections
- heat shrink tubing for shielded cable
- Grid resistors for output tubes
You will also receive the Hoffman install manual, and some "tips and tricks" notes from TheAirtightGarage to aid in installation.
- The picture shown is a completed 5F6A "Hoffman" stlye board that is being installed into a chassis. The board kit does NOT come with a chassis. Note, the picture shows upgraded film and foil caps, which are available below. Also, the fifth power supply filter cap has been installed onto the board in this unit, which is an option. Just let us know if you would like the two extra turrets and bus wire installed so you can install your last cap on the board as shown.
- Chaissis, knobs, transformers, cabinet, speakers, tube sockets, tubes, switches, and "everything else" not included. You will receive the Hoffman board and the associated parts listed above.
- Note: The optional film and foil caps below will almost certainly add to the lead time on this board as they are not always in stock. Please be mindful of this when ordering.